Rob van Gerwen, Ph.D.
Courses in philosophy of art, aesthetics, and the history of aesthetics, philosophy of science, and argumentation theory and rhetoric. Research in philosophy of art, aesthetics, and the history of aesthetics.
Are you looking for a recent paper?
- Dagvoorzitter studiedag Muziekfilosofie. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Nederlands Genootschap voor Esthetica, 27 juni 2014.
- "Schone kunst en Implicatiekunst", Nationale Comenius Leergang 37 module 6: Letteren, Kunst en cultuur, 19 juni 2014, Maastricht.
- "Artists' Experiments and Our Issues with Them. Toward a Layered Definition of Art Practice." European Society of Aesthetics conference. Amsterdam, June 29-31, 2014.
- "Artists' Experiments and Our Issues with Them. Toward a Layered Definition of Art Practice." Reasons (not) to define art. An international conference on the relevance of defining art. Ghent, May 19, 2014.
- "Onze tragische praktijk rond iconische foto's." PLAKA filosofie, Megen, May 9, 2014.
- "Levensverlenging, wie wil dat nou niet?" Symposium Lang zullen we leven!?. Tilburg University: Academic Forum en T.S.V. Plato, Tilburg, April 17, 2014. » 48K
Your philosophical thoughts are provoked in my weblog.
And Further ...
You can also find my resume, a bibliographical listing of my output, as well as my papers and books as offered for downloading. I have styled this site in printer-friendly manner, which means that you get readable pages when you print any of it.
- "Artistic Experiments and our Issues with Them: Implication Art and the Definition of Art". London Aesthetics Forum, University College London, October 22, 2014.
- "Suitable Prompting and the Communicability of Feeling." 2014 OZSW Conference, Radboud University Nijmegen, 7-8 November 2014.