I organise the (bi-weekly-ish) Origins of Language research meetings Utrecht (link)
- March 2013 'Temporal structure in a gesture production task.' Poster presentation at the EHBEA conference, VU University, Amsterdam
- November 30 2012 Workshop Investigating Protolanguage.
- July 20-23 2011: CogSci, Boston, Massachusetts. 'Semantic structure in improvised communication'
- May 9 2011: Elitu, Utrecht University. 'Semantic structure in improvised communication'
- February 5 2011: TINdag (Linguistics in the Netherlands Day), Utrecht. 'The role of semantics in improvised communication: an experimental study into the
evolution of language.' Joint work with Marianne Smit and Nicky Marien.
- February 5 2011: TINdag (Linguistics in the Netherlands Day), Utrecht. 'Komende en aanstaande: hoe adjectieven onze tijdsbeleving beinvloeden.' Joint work with Dominique de Vet and Joost Zwarts.
- April 15 2010: 8th International conference on the Evolution of Language (Evolang8). 'Language evolution: the view from second language learners.'
- April 14 2010: 8th International conference on the Evolution of Language (Evolang8), workshop 'evolution of semantic structure'. 'Semantic structure in a novel communication task.' (Joint work with Monica Tamariz and Simon Kirby)
- December 10 2009: Language at Edinburgh lunch. 'Displaced reference in 'simple language'' (poster presentation)
- December 4 2009: LEC (Language Evolution and Computation) lecture series, University of Edinburgh. 'Novel communication task as evidence for language evolution'
- October 16 2009: LEC (Language Evolution and Computation) lecture series, University of Edinburgh. 'Systematicity in simple language'
- August 27-30 2009: ESPP conference, Budapest. 'From acquisition to evolution'
- June 10 2009: Optimal Communication Group, RU Nijmegen. Invited talk: 'From acquisition to evolution'.
- March 13-16 2009:10th Szklarska Poreba workshop, Poland.
'Evolutionary adverbs in L2 acquisition'
- July 2008: Utterance interpretation and cognitive models II, Brussels. 'Mental
representation, communication and the transition from animal to human'
- March 2008: Evolang 7, Barcelona, Spain. 'From object permanence to displaced
reference'. Poster presentation (poster
available here, inproceedings abstract here).
- February 2008: 9th Szklarska Poreba workshop, Poland. 'Reciprocals in Space'. Joint talk with Jakub Dotlacil.
- February 2008: Kermit, Utrecht. 'Honeybee communication. A language?'
- February 2008: Tindag, Utrecht. 'Honeybee communication. A language?'
- November 2007: Graduate workshop with Ruth Millikan, Utrecht. 'Pushmi pullyu or cued/detached?' (slides)
- October 2007: Seminar AI, Utrecht. 'Displacement and the evolution of language.' (slides)
- September 2007 SinV, Groningen. 'Not here, not now. Displaced reference and the evolution of language.'
Lecture Series (that-I-was-involved-in-organising):